Health Services Information for our Retirement Living Facility
At Mountainview Residence you will always get the intimate personal touch from our healthcare professional who you can trust and who will act on your behalf. When need arises, we liaison with families, physicians, CCAC and hospital staff.
Our Nurses and Personal Support Workers have extensive experience providing care for seniors who have a variety of illnesses, including: Parkinsons, Alzheimers, Dementia, Diabetes, Heart problems, Arthritis, Cancer Care and Osteoporosis.
Our weekly Basic Care package includes 24 hour emergency response system, weekly showering assistance, the administering of medications, blood tests, monitoring of weight and blood pressure, coordination with doctors, supervision of oxygen therapy.
Our Basic Care Service includes the following:
- Emergency Response
- Weekly assistance with showers
- Hair cleanliness, but not beauty care on shower day
- Special dietary needs met and supervised
- Supervision of oxygen therapy
- Monthly monitoring of weights and blood pressure
- Blood tests
- Annual Flu Shot Clinic (flu shot is mandatory)
- Daily interaction with residents to monitor general well being and attendance at meals
- Co-ordination of Doctors & Specialists
- Assistance with arrangements for Palliative Care as assessed by Health Services Manager
- Group Physio as well as Physician Prescribed 1 on 1 physio
- Wound Care/Wound dressing *
Medication & Administration
- If resident is fully compliant with medication instructions and wishes to continue to administer their own medications, assistance and supervision are given with regard to proper ordering and administration;
- Our nursing staff administers all medications including insulin and injectables. Medications will be ordered and packaged in a manner consistent with facility guidelines* for safe administration as approved by the RHRA.
*Please note that associated pharmacy costs / dressing supplies are the responsibility of the resident/responsible parties.
If enhanced care service is needed or desired, available options will be discussed with the Administrator and the Health Services Manager.
"Our Aunt was living on her own and due to an illness was struggling with daily living. Once she was in and settled we noticed that her stress level dropped and her quality of life increased. She is happy."